Build 57D431 Bug Fixes:
- Fix for issues scrolling over the header in the app library.
- Jump links shouldn't cause abandoned memory which should equal less crashing of apps using jump link only navigation.
- Disable pre-loading adjacent verticals for jump link only MIBs.
- Fix for inline videos not showing when swiping back to the vertical they are on.
Build 57D431 Changes:
- Update Ad Marvel to 3.3.0
- Update Appboy to 2.16.0
- Update Flurry to 7.1.1
- Update Google Mobile Ads to 7.5.0
- Update Localytics to 3.5.1 (Fixes crashing when the device is offline.)
Build 57D381 Hot Fix:
- Made further adjustments to fix bug with missing ”Read” button after issue is downloaded.
Build 57D361 Changes:
- Support for Shared Assets
- Updated Ad Marvel to 3.2.8
- Updated Google Mobile Ads to 7.4.1
- Updated Appboy to 2.14.0
- Updated Flurry to 6.7.0
Build 56D311 Bug Fixes:
- Fix for jump link behavior on iPad 3
- Fix for iPhone 4 MIB not displaying accurately on iPhone 6 or 6+
Build 56D311 Changes:
- Updated AdMarvel to 3.2.6
- Updated Google Mobile Ads (formerly AdMob) to 7.3.1
- Updated Appboy to 2.13.2
- Updated Flurry to 6.5.0
- Updated Google Analytics to 3.13
- Updated Localytics to 3.4.0
Build 56D311 Bug Fixes:
- Fixed crash caused by multiple simultaneous downloads.
- Fixed crash caused by Newsstand push notifications.
- Fixed bug with missing ”Read” button after issue is downloaded.
Build 56D262 Changes:
- Support for "fade-in" transition type for slideshows.
- Support for specifying a transition duration for "fade-in" transition type in slideshows.
- Support for shared assets in the same vertical.
- Support for a page number to be specified when placing a PDF in a standard block; this will ensure only that page is exported to the issue folder instead of the full PDF.
Build 56D262 Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug in sharing so that the image is shared and not the URL for the image. [ZD #20121]
Build 55D251 Changes:
- Removes the armv7 from UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities (removed the key altogether) from the info.plist
Build 55D221 Changes:
- Support for new block type: HTML Text. This allows you to export text from InDesign as live text rather than as images of text. For more information, see article Saving Text as Live Text.
- AdMarvel SDK updated to 3.2.5
- Appboy SDK updated to 2.11.2
- Flurry SDK updated to 6.4.0
- Google AdMob SDK updated to 7.2.2
- Google Analytics SDK updated to 3.12
Build 55D221 Bug Fixes:
- HTML blocks can ask for geolocation position again on iOS 8
- Fixed a bug where the Disable Jump Link animation was not being respected
Build 54D202 Changes:
- Adjusted code to resolve potential app rejection based on use of IDFA.
Build 54D182 Changes:
- Adds support for progressive downloading of content from Mag+ Publish to your Mag+ app. This allows users to start reading and interacting with content while it's still being downloaded. For more information on how progressive downloads work, please read the article "Reference - How Progressive Downloads Work."
Build 54D182 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes a bug where a jump-link to a block further down in a vertical could fail.
- Fixes a bug introduced in in 5.3.1 in the rendering of slideshows in pre-5.3 MIBs where slideshows set to "loop" would show only the first two object states of the slideshow.
- Improves behavior of panning and zooming blocks and slideshows in MIBs being rendered on a different phone than it was designed for.
Build 53D152 Bug Fixes:
- Removes a debugging library that was accidentally included in final builds. Only apps built with version 5.3.1 and 5.3.2 were affected.
Build 53D151 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes an issue with version 5.3.1 where the Oplytics SDK was not removed, even if the user deselected it in the Mag+ Publish portal. Including the Oplytics SDK when it was not configured could result in an app rejection.
Build 53D141 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes a bug where an initially visible A-Popup layer that touched the top of the Vertical would be displayed underneath the A-Main layer. [ZD #18502]
- Fixes a potential display bug in Enhanced Slideshows when individual slides were offset from each other.
- Fixes a problem with Single Issue iPad apps where screen orientation settings were not being respected. [ZD #19258]
- Appboy SDK update fixes a problem where Appboy notifications could appear in the middle of the screen.
Build 53D141 Changes:
- Fetches Issue details in batches from the Mag+ Publish portal so that brands with a lot of Issues will not receive an API error.
- AdMarvel SDK updated to 3.2.4.
- Appboy SDK updated to 2.10.1.
- Flurry SDK updated to 6.2.0.
- Google AdMob SDK updated to 7.0.
- Localytics SDK updated to 3.1.0.
Build 53D101 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes a problem where serving iPhone 5 MIBs to the iPhone 6 and 6+ screens displayed a dialog stating "This Issue is not designed for this device ..."
- Fixes a bug in the Scrubber on iPhone devices displaying @3x iPhone 6+ thumbnails.
- Fixes a bug that caused an occasional crash during background downloads.
- Fixes a bug where the top branding bar would still be visible when reading a Help MIB.
- Fixes an issue where the title of a Table of Contents would always be displayed in black. The title is now displayed in either black or white depending on the bar color.
Build 53D101 Changes:
- Enhanced Slideshows are now supported. An update to the Mag+ InDesign plugin, Production Tool, and Reviewer apps is forthcoming, which will allow the creation of Enhanced Slideshows. For more information, please read the article "Creating Slideshows in InDesign."
- Flurry has been upgraded to 6.0.0.
- Appboy has been upgraded to 2.9.3.
- eMagazines/Oplytics has been upgraded to 2.7.
- Google Analytics has been upgraded to 3.10.
- Localytics has been upgraded to 3.0.0.
- Ad Marvel has been upgraded to 3.2.2.
- Google Ad Mob has been upgraded to 6.12.2.
Build 52D060 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes a problem where single Issue apps didn't display a top menu. [ZD #1818]
Build 52D531 Bug Fixes:
- Now provides more information to Localytics about user interaction with push notifications.
- Fixes a problem where searching the Issues would only accept one character at a time.
- Fixes a problem with unresponsive download buttons in the Issue grid.
- Fixes a problem where a user could start a new download of an Issue while it's unzipping.
- Fixes a problem for starting an app in landscape orientation on the iPhone 6+.
- Fixes a problem where stopping audio when a video was played would not have it resume when the video finished.
- Fixes a problem where using MIBWebView independently could cause a double load of the URL. This was evident in the Live web view in the app loading twice.
- Fixes a problem where media would continue playing even after an Issue that contained it was deleted.
- Now makes sure entitlements are updated when a user logs out of the Subscription API.
Build 52D531 Changes:
- A new log session token for customer ID is available in Localytics.
Build 52D501 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes a bug affecting the status bar and visible branding bar on the iPad.
- Fixes a bug that could create an unresponsive download button.
- Fixes a problem where a URL on the Table of Contents did not work. [ZD #18254]
Build 52D491 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes a bug where the My Account window would cause a crash when the Back button was used. [ZD #18119]
- Status bar in now shown correctly in the landscape mode for iOS devices.
- Toolbar is now positioned correctly in the landscape mode when the status bar is visible.
Build 52D491 Changes:
- Link areas can now only be activated if they are onscreen. This prevents Links in Panning blocks from being triggered when they aren't visible on the screen.
- Now supports receiving iPhone 6/6+ Single Issue Apps from the Mag+ Publish portal.
- Now supports native Help MIBs for iPhone 6/6+ Issues.
- eMagazines/Oplytics now reports "Free" Issue downloads as a sample purchase.
Build 52D461 Bug Fixes:
- Single Issue apps now display the launch image until the MIB has loaded. [ZD #17928]
Build 52D455 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes a problem where non-universal iOS apps could get a Mag+ icon set for the app icon. [ZD #17921]
Build 52D453 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes associated with the implementation of WKWebViews dealing with special HTML block URLs and MyAccountView login/logout, etc.
Build 52D452 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes a problem where Featured Content could disappear.
- Fixes a problem where apps would appear to be built as universal even though they were set to iPhone or iPad in the Mag+ Publish portal.
Build 52D451 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes a problem in iOS 8 to prevent the Table of Contents from being cut off.
- Fixes a problem where the Fiksu debug console would appear on app launch.
Build 52D451 Changes:
- (Updated 11/11/14) Provides native support for Apple iPhone 6/6+ for multiple Issue apps. Single Issue apps and Help MIBs are soon to get full iPhone 6/6+ support.
- Issue Title has been removed from the top toolbar on the iPhone because it does not fit.
- The "Disable purchase of Apple subscriptions if the user is signed in" is now being the respected by the app.
- Localytics updated to 2.71.0.
- Flurry updated to 5.4.0.
- Google AdMob updated to 6.12.0.
- AdMarvel updated to 3.2.1 and includes AdColony SDK.
Build 52D421 Changes:
- Ad Views will now load a fresh ad if the user leaves a Vertical and then returns to it.
- Ad Marvel upgraded to 3.2.0.
- Appboy upgraded to 2.9.1.
Build 52D421 Bug Fixes:
- Miscellaneous bug fixes for the user interface.
Build 51D382 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes network calls which could cause the Issues library to load very slowly. [ZD #17381]
Build 51D382 Changes:
- Apps are now built with Xcode 6.0.1.
- Banners and Featured Content features reinstated.
Build 51D382 Bug Fixes:
- Deep-linking within issues now works using the syntax internal://issues/<Issue ID or GUID>/<Vertical ID>/<Block ID>.
- Supports iOS 8.
- Disables Banners and Featured Content regardless of Mag+ Publish portal settings.
Note: This version is released to provide immediate support for iOS 8. For more information on Mag+ and iOS 8 compatibility, please read the announcement "Mag+ and iOS 8 Compatibility." Another release is planned which will reinstate Banners and Featured Content capability.
- Fixes a bug where downloading Issues on iOS 8 would cause the app to crash.
- Fixes a bug where leaving an Issue and clicking on "Continue Reading" to return to it would not work as expected if the "Compact Verticals" feature was enabled. [ZD# 16285]
- Fixes a bug where audio/video from an adjacent Vertical would continue playing if the user tapped a Jump Link to navigate to a new Vertical. [ZD# 15670]
- Fixes a bug where the download progress bar would mistakenly be displayed for Issues that were not actually downloading. This only occurred when scrolling through the list of Issues and when the initial Issue was downloading. [ZD# 16226]
- Fixes a bug where the user could not always tap the "Buy Issue" link if a number of Issues were being fetched by the server. [ZD# 16227]
- The AdMarvel fullscreen toolbar icons now use the Brand Accent Color instead of the default color of black.
- Fixes an issue where a crash could occur tapping the "News & Alerts" button with Appboy integration. [ZD# 16789]
- Fixes an issue where the Scrubber times out and hides while using the slider. [ZD# 16237]
- Fixes a bug so that Apps now lock orientation at the OS level which results in a landscape locked app showing the proper splash image upon launch.
- Prices on a subscription as Featured Content will now show "Free" instead of "$0.00."
- Now uses remotely hosted Cover images when available, thus showing updated Covers of content in the app more reliably. [ZD# 7718]
- Popover arrows to menu items for Sharing, Table of Contents, Bookmarks, Playlist, etc are now much closer to their designated targets.
- Reverts to 5.1.2 behavior when switching between a current Issue and the app's Issues screen. It does not return the user to the proper location in the MIB. This behavior was reverted due to an unintended consequence of 5.1.3 causing Compact Verticals with a Dual Layout to focus on the wrong Vertical when rotating the device. [ZD #16148]
- Reverts to 5.1.2 behavior of media continuing to play when going back to the Issues screen. The behavior was reverted due to an unintended consequence of 5.1.3 causing fullscreen videos to not play. [ZD #16148]
- The download progress for MIBs is updated more frequently. Users should see a smoother progress bar on slow connections or with larger MIBs.
- Media playing will now stop when going back to the Issues screen instead of continuing to play.
- Fixes an issue where loading the MIB in a single issue app did not persist the launch screen. The new behavior is to keep the launch screen visible until the MIB is loaded. [ZD #15700]
- Fixes how the Status Bar color is handled in accordance with iOS 7 behavior. [ZD #14665]
- Fixes a problem where switching between a current Issue and the app's Issues screen would not return the user to the proper location in the MIB.
Note: iOS Build Server 5.1.2 (51D224) was released on 5/28/2014 ahead of public announcement on 6/3/2014. iOS apps built on 5/28/2014 and later contain the 5.1.2 version number.
- Fixes the slideshow functionality to prevent scrolling to an empty, final slide.
- Fixes to the slideshow transition style "None" to provide improved animations.
- Fixes to the Appboy newsfeed and feedback user interface and user experience.
- A fix to properly report Omniture offline events if enabled in the Mag+ Publish Portal.
- Google AdMob updated to 6.9.2.
- Banner links prefixed with "openwindow-http://" will open in the in-app browser and not Safari.
- Purchase analytics have been re-enabled and should now work properly.
- Changes have been made to how Newsstand Push Notifications are delivered and handled in order to improve automatic downloads of content (for more information, please refer to the article "Incorrect Issue Download Counts") .
- Flurry SDK updated to version 5.0.0.
- eMagazines SDK updated to version 2.5.
Build 51D201 Bug Fixes:
- Fixed bug to allow the app to correctly configure for Omniture "Offline Reporting" when enabled in Publish. [ZD #15324]
Note: For more information, see the article "Omniture 'Offline Reporting' Feature."
Build 51D191 Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a crashing bug when using the gear icon in the issues view.
- Fixed a bug related to accessing the gear icon when the iPhone is in portrait mode.
- A search option in the Issues screen can be enabled/disabled in the Publish Portal interface.
Note: Including the search option requires updating the application text files if they have been modified (for custom texts or translated languages). Please download the new application text files to see the new text strings.
- The iOS app is now 64-bit, allowing it to run faster on iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, and iPhone 5S).
- Auto-start media now supports starting once per Vertical and per Issue.
- An Explicit edit mode has been added to the Bookmarks menu on the iPad.
- It is no longer possible to get into a state where the scrubber will not show/hide between the Issues and Help Issue.
- Information on products, issues, and subscriptions is now fetched when showing Issues to the end-user.
- Miscellaneous fixes.
Build 50D161 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes issues regarding "Restore Purchase" button causing app rejections from the Apple App Store.
- Supports the internal link format of internal://toc/open and internal://bookmarks/open for Table of Contents and Bookmarks Spaces, respectively.
Note: For more information on URLs supported by Mag+ apps, see the article "URL Formats for Links in Apps."
- Upgrades Appboy to 2.6.1
- Horizontal orientation now supported on iPhones when viewing the Library.
- Miscellaneous fixes for Appboy and Single Issue apps.
- Apps now respect the Apps > Live Settings > Application Options checkbox for "Show external browser button in Live Window." [ZD #14709]
- Fixes a bug which caused the iOS app to crash upon launch when handling a promotion message from the Subscription API. [ZD #14586]
Build 50D112 Bug fixes:
- Fixes an issue where closing the app while viewing the Appboy feedback tab could cause the user to get stuck on that tab upon the next launch.
Build 50D101 Bug fixes:
- An iPhone orientation bug has been fixed. Since the iPhone app is locked to Portrait when not displaying a MIB file, it wouldn't properly handle closing a modal window when in landscape. This has been fixed.
- A crash that occurred on single issue apps when force quitting the app has been fixed.
- A bookmark crashing bug has been fixed.
- A fix for excessive server requests in the My Account view has been fixed.
- Improvements have been made to information sent to Localytics.
Build 50D101 Changes:
- Appboy code has been updated to 2.5.0 to support wider cards. Image quality on Retina devices has been improved.
- Subscriptions are now always displayed first in the Issues grid view.
- The Design Examples and Intro MIBs in the Reviewer are now always displayed after other issues pushed to grid view.
- Localytics 2.23.0 has been updated and reenabled. It now excludes the ID for Advertiser (IDFA) which caused problems when submitting apps to the Apple App Store.
- Fiksu has been removed due to its inclusion of IDFA.
- Flurry has been updated to 4.3.2.
- Tapjoy has been removed.
- Omniture has been updated to 3.3.2.
- Google Analytics has been updated to 3.0.3c.
- eMagazines has been updated to 2.1.
- Ad Marvel has been removed due to its inclusion of IDFA.
Note: The ID for Advertisers (known as IDFA) has previously caused problems with apps submitted to the Apple App Store. Therefore, analytics engines that have not removed the IDFA have now been disabled in iOS builds. Analytics that have been updated to remove their IDFA code have been reenabled. You can read more about the IDFA issues in the article "Advertising Identifier Rejections from Apple."
Build 50D101 Changes:
- Now able to zoom in on websites called up by the app (both in the "Live" screen and via normal links that activate an in-app window).
Build 50D072 Changes:
- (For 5.0 apps) Removes Localytics and Fiksu so that there is no code that accesses the advertising identifier. This temporarily addresses issues with rejections from the Apple App Store.
Build 44D591 Changes:
- (For 4.4 apps) Removes Localytics and Fiksu so that there is no code that accesses the advertising identifier. This temporarily addresses issues with rejections from the Apple App Store.
- Fixes an issue where a flag for background audio in the app was always enabled, even if no background audio was included, and could result in app rejection.
Build 50D062 Changes:
- This version updates eMagazines to 2.1 which does not use the ADID or identifier for advertisers which causes app rejection in the App Store review process.
Build 50D061 Changes:
- Updates iOS builds with modified Appboy code to remedy Apple App Store rejections.
Mag+ 5.0 is one the biggest releases we've had in more than a year, with upgrades to every component of the system.
As with all new versions, you can upgrade on your own schedule. You can use the new tools and still output a 4.X MIB until your app is updated.
Here's what's new in this release:
- Combined Store and Library spaces: These have been merged into one menu called "Issues."
- Search functionality replaced by new filter options.
- Completely new shell app: rewritten for iOS7, new user interface.
- Featured content: An optional promotional space between the banners and the issue list where a specific product can be showcased. Options are: latest issue, specific issue or specific subscription.More info.
- Banners: Ability to change the duration that each banner is displayed. Ability to add more than 5 banners. Banners are now full width of the screen and can be variable in height up to 700 pixels. Ability to link banners to subscriptions. More info.
- Support for eMagazines. More info.
- Separated AppBoy view: Newsfeed and Feedback are now separated into two individual buttons/views.
- Ability to designate one or several issues as inclusive to a subscription, so you can now give away any issues as a bonus to subscribers.
- Ability to customize the app text font to iOS supported fonts.
- Setting an inclusive issue with an app will now launch a popup at app start to notify the user that there is a free issue included with the app.
Note: A 5.0 version of the iOS app can only be installed on iOS7 devices.