- Added support for 5.7 MIB format.
- Support for MIB level shared assets. Each vertical's 'shared_assets' folder is aggregated and propagated to the root folder of the MIB.
- The exported metadata.zip is now updated with the 'shared_assets'.
- Added support for 5.6 MIB format.
- Added support for 5.5 MIB format
- Fixed an issue where the "Enable Progressive Download" checkbox would not be saved.
- 5.4 MIB Version added with an additional step to the packaging process to support progressive download. A metadata.zip file will be added to the MIB containing a copy of the following files: issue.xml, each vertical's thumbnails, each vertical's vertical.xml, each vertical's vertical_text.xml and each asset file for eventual TOC or Overlay verticals.
- Added a Progressive Download checkbox which is enabled by default when the MIB version is 5.40 or greater. Fore more information, see article "Reference: How Progressive Download Works."
- Fixed a bug where an issue should no longer be selected and editable after being removed from via folder manager.
- Now supports the 5.3 MIB format, which includes Enhanced Slideshows. This allows Popups, Web & Jump Links, and Videos to be embedded in a slideshow. For more information, please read the article "Creating Slideshows in InDesign."
- Includes support for iPhone 6/6+.
- Adds a "New Issue..." menu item to the File menu.
- Miscellaneous string updates.
Note: Due to signing with a new certificate, any Production Tool installation older than 5.0.1 will need to be removed before installing version 5.2.
- 5.2 MIB version added.
- Now provides support for preview images larger than 2x the format.
- Signed with a new certificate that requires Production Tool versions older than 5.0.1 to be removed prior to installing 5.2.
- The Multi-Device drop-down menu is now disabled when no Issue folder is selected, preventing a crash.
- Vertical previews no longer become invisible when moving them to the Preview Area for the first time.
- Previews for Vertical spreads are now displaying correctly.
- "Resize" and "Select All" functions have been added to the Multi-Device Export MIB Creation window.
- A bug with Issue naming has been fixed when used with Multi-Device Export folders.
- A bug has been fixed where loading an invalid image could cause a crash. An error message is now displayed instead.
- The About menu window now matches the behavior of the Settings menu.
- "Create MIB" button is now disabled if the Brand or Issue ID fields are invalid.
- Minor UI adjustments for "Copy issue data" and "MDE create MIB" popups.
- A minor string fix has been added to "create MIB from selection" pop-up.
- Refreshing an Issue should now properly detect changes to and sort Overlay Verticals.
- Vertical containers should now properly resize when zooming out in the Preview view.
- Fixes the "Select All" command.
- Fixes an issue with the drag & drop behavior when moving different types of Verticals.
- Minor UI fixes done to the "file name" popup.
- Now supports version 5.1 MIBs.
- Installer is run with the Mag+ Plugin installer.
- Allows the creation of MIBs from selected Verticals.
- Spreads are now displayed correctly in the Issue Preview view.
- Fixes a problem where the Production Tool could crash after an upload for external review.
- Fixes a minor cosmetic issue with Vertical type labels resizing unproportionally with the Vertical.
- Fixes an issue where the Preferences window would get stuck behind the main window and not be able to be brought to the front.
- You no longer need to uninstall the 4.x Production Tool before installing the new 5.x version.
Mag+ 5.0 is one the biggest releases we've had in more than a year, with upgrades to every component of the system.
As with all new versions, you can upgrade on your own schedule. You can use the new tools and still output a 4.X MIB until your app is updated.
Here's what's new in this release:
- Completely new user interface.