- Larger sized popups render pixelated.
- HTML freezing when using external link, then tapping native device back button.
- Help MIBs are partially blocked by black bar at the top after navigation menu disappears.
- Very long issue description in Featured Content sits behind buttons.
- Margins are now respected on modal popups.
- Updated Crashlytics to 2.5.2
- Updated Localytics to 3.4.0
- Updated Flurry to 6.0.0
- Shared asset support
- Added user consent popup for data collection
- Updated Google play services to 7.8.0
- Updated Android support library to 23.0.0
- Fixed various crashes when using HTML.
- Updated Pinch to 1.2.2
- Fixed bug where feeding progressive download enabled iPhone MIBs to Android Smartphones could not start download.
- Fixed bug with unresponsive web view navigation buttons in ”My Account" view.
- Added support for "fade-in" transition type for slideshows.
- Added support for specifying a transition duration for "fade-in" transition type in slideshows.
- Fixed a bug in which the vertical would jump back to the top when the device was rotated. [ZD #20318]
- Added the ability to use the character "/" in session tokens with the Subscription API.
- Added support for block type HTML Text. This allows you to export text as live text instead of images of text. For more information, see article Saving Text as Live Text.
- Localytics SDK updated to 3.1.1
- Flurry SDK updated to 5.5.0
- Play services (includes Google Analytics) updated to 7.3.0
- Appboy SDK updated to 1.7.2
- Added support for @2x and @3x image assets
- Fixed an issue where the My Account page would not load when set as start screen. [ZD #20046]
Fixed an bug where a Single-issue app for a smartphone would appear blank. [ZD #20094]
- Fixed a bug where the application could crash if no issues are available. [ZD #20001]
- Fixed a bug where Google Cloud Messaging messages were not displaying any text. [ZD#19842]
- Updated Appboy SDK to 1.6.2
- Adds support for progressive downloading of content from Mag+ Publish to your Mag+ app. This allows users to start reading and interacting with content while it's still being downloaded. For more information on how progressive downloads work, please read the article "Reference - How Progressive Downloads Work."
- Fixes a problem where the Subscription API, when used in conjunction with Subsplus, was not properly unlocking Issues. [ZD #19839]
- Fixes a bug where modifying the default strings file prevented users from being able to interact with the menu items. [ZD #19805]
- Fixes a bug where audio in an HTML frame would stop playing if the device was rotated. [ZD #17229]
- Fixes a problem in Enhanced Slideshows where slides that were offset from each other would be realigned to the top-left corner upon export.
- Fixes a bug when interacting with the Subscription API. Previously, when the Subscription API was set to "Test Devices Only," the "My Account" view was being displayed on all devices instead of just test devices. [ZD #19367]
- Fixes a crash that could occur when opening an app for the first time and rotating the device before all Issue content is loaded.
- Fixes a bug with the Kindle app where the top navigation menu was not displaying.
- Fixes a number of miscellaneous user interface items.
- Fetches Issue details in batches from the Mag+ Publish portal so that brands with a lot of Issues will not receive an API error.
- Fixes a problem introduced in version 5.3.0 with pages with a zoom option displaying black on Android smartphones. [ZD# 19392]
- Fixes a problem where a Kindle Fire app would continue playing a video in the background even when the device went to sleep. [ZD #18677]
- Fixes a problem where the same video would be triggered (unintentionally) by different Hotspots.
- Fixes a problem where a "Subscribe" button could appear in Issue previews, even though no Subscription exists. [ZD# 18755]
- Fixes a problem introduced in version 5.2.6 where Pinch/Zoom elements woud display blank. [ZD# 19177]
- Fixes a problem with Kindle Fire apps where the Library would display Issues/Subscriptions in reverse order if the In-App Item was set to "consumable." In-App Items listed as "consumable" will now display in the proper order.
- Fixes a problem where the Issue Image could appear in different sizes on different Android devices. Issue Images are now shown as the same size on all Android devices.
- Fixes a bug where the app could crash when rotating the device while trying to remove downloaded Issues.
- Fixes a bug where the app could crash when tapping on a push notification.
- Fixes a bug where a flicker was observed on Issue Images within the Library when changing device orientation.
- Fixes a bug where Localytics data was not being properly recorded for single issue apps. [ZD# 19254]
- Enhanced Slideshows are now supported. An update to the Mag+ InDesign plugin, Production Tool, and Reviewer apps is forthcoming, which will allow the creation of Enhanced Slideshows. For more information, please read the article "Creating Slideshows in InDesign."
- Appboy updated to version 1.6.0.
- Fixes a Table of Contents cropping problem when a device is in landscape orientation.
- Fixes a tower bottom scrolling issue upon rotation.
- Fixes a bug where clickable areas above slideshows were not clickable.
- Fixes a scaling issue with panning/zoom views.
- Now provides a correct offset when a touch is dispatched to the deck.
- Fixes a crash when adding a Favorite after the device is rotated.
- Fixes a crash when updating Featured content.
- Fixes an error in internal Links.
- Avoids showing the Preview if the Issue cannot be found.
- Uses correct package name for C2D_MESSAGE permission, which allows multiple Mag+ applications to exist on the same device and receive push notifications correctly.
- Clears the product list on account logout.
- Attempts a more permanent fix for a bug found on the Kindle Fire where if rotation lock was enabled, and the user rotated the device while reading content, they would be sent back to the first page of the Issue. [ZD #17091]
- Fixes a bug found on the Kindle Fire where if rotation lock was enabled, and the user rotated the device while reading content, they would be sent back to the first page of the Issue. [ZD #17091]
- Fixes a bug where the app would crash when a device is rotated with Zoom applied to a Popup.[ZD# 17740]
- Fixes a bug where a Popup with Zoom applied would not display correctly. [ZD# 17739]
- Fixes a bug where MIB-level orientation applied in the Mag+ Production Tool would not be respected over the Mag+ InDesign Plugin setting. [ZD# 17730]
- Resolves an issue where the wrong price would be displayed on a purchase button if price information was not available.
- Now supports tel: and sms: links.
- Supports parsing block-level slideshows.
- Now sends users to the Issues view after logout.
- Fixes a bug that caused app crashes when interacting with Featured Content and the latest Mag+ Issue in the Issue Grid space. [ZD #17624]
- Resolves an issue where the purchase button for Single Issues in the Featured Content area would become unresponsive. [ZD #17623]
- Jump linking to other Mag+ Issues is now supported.
- External web links now work properly after a third hotspot is tapped. [ZD #17483]
- Android app now checks for new issues more frequently, so that users get notified more promptly. [ZD #16993]
- When launching an app for the first time, Banners are now properly displayed. [ZD #17121]
- Fixes a bug where the Play button in a playlist did not start the first song when it was tapped.
- Fixes a bug where Verticals would not load when swiping through an Issue and going back to the previous Vertical. [ZD #16530]
- Fixes a bug where an auto-play, full-screen slideshow would not allow the user to proceed to the next Vertical by swiping. [ZD #16566]
- Fixes an issue where the top of a Table of Contents was clipping when in landscape mode. [ZD #16768]
- Fixes an issue where a Pan & Zoom image would not respect the initial position set in InDesign. [ZD #16665]
- Jump Links now work properly when using a Dual Layout in a landscape orientation. [ZD #16847]
- Custom "emailto:" links now work in an embedded web view. [ZD #15885]
- Fixes a bug where canceling a download just before it is finished would result in the Issue being displayed in the wrong part of the user interface. The Issue would be shown under "Remove Issues" but not "On Device."
- Fixes a crash that could occur when canceling a download.
- The Default action and Toggle action syntax now works properly for Media/Video objects.
- The "Buy" button now shows "Fetching Price" before the price has been retrieved from Google Play.
- Supports the change in Mag+ Publish where iPhone MIBs are now served to Android smartphones if no specific Android smartphone MIB is available.
- Internal Jump Links now work for all shortcuts.
- The "Subscribe" button no longer appears in the Product Preview window for non-subscription products.
- The "Remove Issues" button now disappears when all Issues are deleted from a device.
- "Subscribe" and "Purchase" buttons are now displayed in a consisted order in all areas of the user interface.
- Fixes an issue where the A- layer continuously snapped to the last object displayed after rotating from the initial orientation. [ZD# 16613]
- Fixes an issue where the Android Build Server was not including Custom Help MIBs. [ZD# 14371]
- Fixes a bug where "emailto" links did not work for embedded HTML. [ZD# 15885]
- Fixes a crash when using the "openwindow" prefix in HTML. [ZD# 16342]
- Fixes a bug where the A-layer jumped to the top of page on device rotation. [ZD# 16478]
- Fixes a problem where audio in a Playlist continued playing after a MIB was deleted.
- Popup video now stops playing when the device screen is turned off.
- Fixes a bug where a device orientation change caused a bigger space to appear between Banners and Issues.
- Fixes a crash that occurred when there was an error in playing video.
- Fixes a situation where Free Issues would display a non-responsive Buy button.
- Fixes a bug where Featured Content descriptions were cut off in landscape mode.
- Fixes a bug where Featured Content was not showing on smartphones.
- Fixes the decompression progress bar disappearing on a device orientation change.
- Fixes a bug where "Panning" only allowed left and right swiping, not up or down. [ZD# 16378]
- Miscellaneous fixes have been applied to third-party SDKs resulting in improved implementation for Omniture, Flurry, and Google Analytics.
- External HTML is now zoomed out by default.
- Issue/Library code has been refactored, but there are no visual changes.
- Download and Decompression progress bars have been changed.
- Appboy has been updated to v1.4.2.
- For Single-Issue apps, a new first launch experience has been created showing download and decompression progress bars.
- Changes the Navigation drawer to a native implementation.
- AppBoy updated to version 1.3.4.
- Performance has been improved when loading Issue data.
- Fixes touch handling on a slideshow when more than three slides are present. [ZD #15777]
- After a successful login through the sign-up screen, the user is now taken to the Issues screen. [ZD #15762]
- Fixes a bug where Issues that were not entitled and did not have a SKU were being displayed in the Issue Grid view.
- Fixes a bug where A-Layer content was not snapping properly in the landscape orientation. [ZD #15052]
- Fixes an error where some products did not get a price; this resulted in Amazon Appstore rejection.
- Fixes a problem with Pan & Zoom.
- Fixes a bug in Mag+ Kindle apps that caused a crash due to not properly validating data received from Amazon's billing service regarding product price. [ZD #15796]
- Fixes a bug where the sharing icon was displayed even if sharing was disabled. [ZD #15497]
- Fixes a bug where transparent HTML objects were displayed as white on the Amazon Kindle. [ZD #15347]
- Fixes a bug where Pan & Zoom objects would disable scrolling touch events, leaving the user unable to scroll. [ZD #15427]
- Fixes a bug where the long-press-only setting was not read properly. [ZD #15503]
- Fixes a bug where decompressing issues could leave them in an error state.
- Fixes a bug when opening single-item previews.
- Fixes a badly looking progress dialog on lower-resolution devices.
- Fixes an issue with disappearing slide show images.
- Fixes a bug where the wrong application name was shown in push notifications.
- Fixes an issue where double analytic events were logged when leaving a Vertical [ZD #15367]
- Improves performance when rotating the device.
- Improves performance with the image bitmap memory cache.
- Now only shows entitled products in the Preview screen when opening a preview from the entitlements view.
- Omniture updated to version 3.2.6.
- Google Analytics updated to version 4.0.
- The app_name string has been removed from the strings.xml file; the string is now populated automatically from the Brand App Name setting in the Mag+ Publish Portal.
- Fixes a situation where the Share button would still be available in the About section, potentially causing a crash and resulting in Amazon store rejection. [ZD #15497]
- Fixes a possible issue where an app could crash when canceling a download from the Featured Issue section.
- A search option in the Issues screen can be enabled/disabled in the Publish Portal interface.
Note: Including the search option requires updating the application text files if they have been modified (for custom texts or translated languages). Please download the new application text files to see the new text strings.
- MIBs now render correctly when an Overlay is missing an A-layer. [TR #102]
- A problem where the Sharing enable/disable setting in Publish was not respected has been fixed. [ZD #14812]
- A problem where a subscription would be missing in the Issue grid when there was more than one active option has been fixed. [ZD #15230]
- A problem where Panning and Zooming were not working properly when swiping between Verticals has been fixed. [ZD #14515]
- Miscellaneous fixes.
- Fixes an issue where hitting "share" from a preview could cause the app to crash; this resulted in Amazon app rejections [ZD #15004].
- Fixes an issue where content would not display properly if an Overlay document was missing a B-layer.
- Fixes an issue where Android download stats were incorrect. [ZD #14564]
- Fixes an issue where a user could get a "connecting" message upon launch and would have to quit and re-launch to access the Library space.
- Now includes only the minimal amount of permissions necessary to run the app.
Note: Previously, Mag+ Android apps were built with a greater range of permissions enabled than was necessary.
- Free Issues in the Library are now marked as "Free" instead of "Download."
- Now respects Pinning content to edges.
- Improves rendering and memory management for long Verticals.
- Now sets the initial scaling of the "Live View" to show the full page.
- Fixes an error where product previews would not focus on the correct product.
- Fixes a problem where Single Issue Apps could get "stuck" in Help MIBs.
- Fixes a problem where, under certain circumstances (on specific devices with specific content designs), Panning wasn't working properly.
- Banners now resize properly. Android banners should be in jpeg format be the following dimensionsions:
- Req width: 1600px
- Max height: 700px
- 1600 x 700 is considered landscape and will resize depending on the screen size of the device. When changed to a portrait orientation, the banner image will be cropped from the right.
- The "Remove Issues" button no longer appears upon device rotation if there are no issues on the device.
- Images are now sized correctly for slideshows pinned to something other than the top left.
- A black background is now applied to Verticals to avoid artifacts.
- Support for internal://toc/open and internal://bookmarks/open link URLs has been added.
- Online HTML blocks now work properly.
- Stability fixes have been added for Crashlytics.
- Issue Previews are now always centered on the device.
- OpenWindow link URLs now work in HTML.
- Fixes multiple videos issues. [ZD #13949]
- Banner in Issues screen scales according to device.
- Fixed video not playing in media areas.
- Fixed size of hotzones (the areas on the side of the device screen where users can tap to go to the next/previous page) for high-density devices (hdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi). The area was too large for some devices.
Mag+ 5.0 is one the biggest releases we've had in more than a year, with upgrades to every component of the system.
As with all new versions, you can upgrade on your own schedule. You can use the new tools and still output a 4.X MIB until your app is updated.
Here's what's new in this release:
- Completely rewritten app: Not a single line of code in common with 4.4 or below.
- Featured content: A promotional space between the banners and the issue list where a specific product can be showcased. Options are: latest issue, specific issue or specific subscription. More info.
- Search functionality replaced by new filter options.
- Support for AppBoy.
- Support for Google Subscriptions.
- Support for Google Push Notifications (Google Cloud Messaging).
- Support for single-issue app builds where the issue is embedded.
- Completely new Reviewer, which now includes a Push Library.
- New menu system in both the Reviewer and white-label apps.
- Customizable app colors and icons.
- Banners available in combined store/library. More info.
- "No-Store Builds" now available: Enable you to publish apps in countries that do not support Google In-App Billing.
- Simultaneous Download supported.
- Completely new reading experience with support for all iOS creative features, including:
- Pan & Zoom blocks
- Popup Groups
- Dual Layout
- Compact Verticals