After building your app in the mag+ Publish portal, you upload the build to the Google Play Developer Console and publish it. This article will walk you through the process of submitting your app to Google Play.
Before You Begin
- Make sure you have signed up as a Google Play developer and created an app in the Google Play Developer console. For more information, refer to the "Android" articles in the support section "Setting Up Distribution Channels."
- Make sure you have created In-App Products for Subscriptions if you will be offering them. For more information, refer to the article "Android-Creating an In-App Product for Subscriptions."
- Make sure you have built your app in the mag+ Publish portal. For more information, refer to the "Android" articles in the section "Creating Your Mag+ Apps."
How to Submit Your App to Google Play
1. Go to https://play.google.com/apps/publish and log in.
Note: For each language you support, you will need to enter the title of the publication, enter a description of the publication, and also enter promo text.
Be sure to set the following:
- High-Res Icon
- Application Type set to "Applications"
- Contact Details
4. Click on the "Content Rating" tab and click on "Continue" to fill out the content rating questionnaire.
6. Click on "In-app Products" and make sure the appropriate options are configured.
Note: If you have not added an .apk file to your Google Play account, you will be prompted to do so in order to set-up In-app products. The .apk file generated by mag+ Publish must have In-app Billing enabled under Android "Build Settings" for In-app products to be available to your readers.
The following options are available in Google Play's In-app Products:
- Managed Product: This is for issues which will be sold within your app
- Unmanaged Product: This product type is not used within Mag+ apps
- Subscription: This is for subscription options you will make available within your app
Note: In order for Subscriptions to be available within your Android app, you must also add a Subscription in Mag+ Publish. In mag+ Publish, click on the Subscriptions tab, create a new subscription, and enter the Google Play Product ID you create within the Google Play App settings for In-app Products.
Note: You must create Product IDs for each issue or subscription you wish to make available in your Android device. You create the Product ID in Google Play and then enter that Product ID in your issue and/or subscription packages within mag+ Publish to make a connection between the two.
7. When you have configured all options in your Google Play app, you may click on "App Release" and click on Edit Release to submit the apk file for approval.
7.2. Next window appear after reviewing your .apk file then you will be able to see the option of "Roll out to production" click on it to submitting for approval.
Note: Publishing an app in Google Play submits it to a review process. The average processing time is a few hours, although it may take up to 24 hours to get listed in the Google Play Store. In order for your mag+ Issues to appear within your app, you must upload a MIB to your mag+ Publish Issue and publish it there.