In order to send in-app messages to your users, you must have the following items in place:
- Push Notifications must be enabled on your App ID.
- Your Distribution Certificates must have been built after Push Notifications was enabled.
- Your Provisioning Profiles must have been built after Push Notifications were enabled and uploaded to the mag+ Publish portal.
- Your Push Notification Certificate must be uploaded to the mag+ Publish portal.
If any one of these items is not in place, you will be unable to send Push Notifications to your users.
You can check your provisioning profiles to see if Push Notifications are active by reading the article "iOS - Reference - Checking If Your Provisioning Profiles Accept Push Notifications."
How to Update Your Provisioning Profile and Upload a New Push Notification Certificate and Provisioning Profile
3. Click on the App ID you created previously for your app.
7. Double-click the 'aps.cer' file to install it in Keychain Access.
It will have the name "Apple Production iOS Push Services" and will expire one year from today's date.
8. Right-click on the certificate and select "Export ..."
9. Save the file as a .p12 file on your desktop.
10. Log in to the mag+ Publish portal and go to Apps > iOS > Apple Push Notifications.
12. Click "Save" and the Apps > iOS screen should read "Complete" next to Apple Push Notifications.
You can now build your app again and upload it to the Apple Store so that your users can receive Push Notifications. For more information on submitting an app update, read the article "Update Your iOS App."