When a Distribution Certificate is about to expire, you must create a new certificate and then create new App Store and Ad Hoc Provisioning Profiles that use the new certificate. These files are uploaded to the Mag+ Publish portal where you then rebuild your app and submit an update to iTunes Connect.
This article will walk you through creating a new App Store Distribution Provisioning Profile with your new Distribution Certificate.
Before You Begin
- Make sure you have created and installed a new Distribution Certificate and exported it as a .p12 file (for more information, read the article "iOS - Renewing a Distribution Certificate.")
How to Create a New App Store Distribution Provisioning Profile with a Renewed Distribution Certificate
1. To login into the iOS Developer Console goto <https://developer.apple.com> and click Account at the top
7. Click on the radio button next to your new Distribution Certificate and click on "Continue."
Note: For more information on Distribution Certificates, read the article "iOS - Renewing a Distribution Certificate."
8. Enter your app name and "-AppStore" in the name field and click on "Generate."
Note: Since this is a renewed profile, you may want to identify it somehow in the name to differentiate it from your old profile.
9. Click on the "Download" button to download your new App Store Distribution profile.
Note: Your App Store Distribution Provisioning Profile can now be uploaded to the Mag+ Publish portal.
10. Login to the Mag+ Publish portal <https://publish.magplus.com> and go to Apps > iOS > Certificate and Provisioning Files.
Certificate Renewal: Next Steps
After uploading your new App Store Provisioning Profile, you will now need to generate a new Ad Hoc Provisioning profile that uses that certificate. An Ad Hoc Provisioning Profile lets you install your app on private devices for testing prior to making it live. For more information, read the article "iOS - Renewing an Ad Hoc Distribution Provisioning Profile."