The Mag+ Sharing feature allows readers to share a screenshot of the current Vertical (along with a URL to click) and send it via several services like Twitter, Facebook (iOS 6 and higher), e-mail, and more.
Note: Sharing in iOS is provided by the iOS operating system and only offers options available to the device. For example, the Facebook option will only be available to users who have enabled it in their Settings panel.
Sharing is a "live" option, which means you can turn it on and off in the Mag+ Publish portal without updating your app.
Important Information About Sharing
- Once Sharing is turned on, it is available in all current and previous Mag+ Issues of your app – it cannot be disabled for select Issues.
- Custom Sharing URLs created in InDesign are embedded in the Mag+ Issue where they are entered. Therefore, if a Custom Sharing URL needs to be changed after you publish, you will need to create an updated Mag+ Issue and upload it. Only Custom Sharing URLs entered in the Mag+ Publish portal can be updated on-the-fly.
Enabling Sharing for an App
5. Click on the 'Sharing Enabled' checkbox.
Note: You can specify a default Sharing URL for the sharing options. If this is not set, a URL to the app within the application marketplace will be used.
Customizing a Sharing URL
The sharing URL can be customized for each Vertical in the Mag+ InDesign Plugin.
2. Enter the preferred URL in the Custom Sharing URL field.
Note: If there is no URL specified for the Vertical, the shared message will include the default URL set for the app in the Mag+ Publish portal. Custom Sharing URLs entered in InDesign are saved within the Mag+ Issue. Therefore, if the URL changes, you will need to generate a new Mag+ Issue and upload it to the Mag+ Publish portal for the change to be reflected.
Using the Sharing Menu on a Device
3. Select the method you wish to share the content.
Triggering the Sharing Box from a Link
Note: This feature requires Mag+ version 4.1.2 and later.
1. Create a Jump Link in your InDesign layout.
Read the article "Creating Jump Links" for more information.