mag+ allows you to push content directly from the desktop to a mobile device for an immediate, true preview of what your content will look like on a tablet or smartphone.
Before you begin
- Make sure your Android device and the computer running InDesign are on the same network
- Download the latest version of the mag+ Reviewer app from Google Play
Reviewing layouts from InDesign
1. Launch the mag+ Reviewer on your Android device.
4. Tap on "User Settings" to show the Device Push Address and make note of it.
5. In InDesign, show the Mag+ Settings panel.
7. In the window that appears, enter the IP address from your Android device.
Note: Except in unusual circumstances, the port will always be 5000. The only time to change the port is if your systems administrator determines there is a conflict with this port and advises you to use another.
Reviewing a mag+ MIB file on your device
Send the MIB file to your device using email or an url link (e.g. Dropbox public link).
- Make sure that the latest version of the Mag+ Reviewer app is installed on the device.
- When the MIB file is downloaded to the device, select the MIB file on your device and choose to open it using the Mag+ Reviewer.
2. Once the MIB file has been downloaded to your device, tap on it to get a dialog asking if you would like to open it in the Mag+ Reviewer.
3. The Mag+ Reviewer will open the MIB file and add it to the Reviewer Push Library.
Clearing the Data/Cache on the Android Reviewer
If the Mag+ Reviewer app crashes while reviewing, you may encounter a situation where you need to clear the app's data/cache in order to have it run again. Follow the steps below if the Mag+ Reviewer stops working on your device.