On this page you'll find the mag+ Reviewer specifically built for the iOS Simulator. For the latest version of the mag+ Reviewer that works on actual iOS devices, download the mag+ iOS Reviewer from the iTunes App Store.
We only recommend using the mag+ Reviewer for the iOS Simulator for demoing purposes. The mag+ Reviewer for the iOS Simulator is only a simulation of an iOS device. Before publishing, always make sure that your mag+ content is working as it should on an actual iOS device. You can find instructions on how to set-up and work with test devices by referring to the articles in "Reviewing Your Current Design."
Supported for iOS 16 devices.
10/Nov/2022: Version: 9.0.9 - Download Link
How to Install and Launch the mag+ Reviewer for iOS Simulator
1. Download and install Xcode from the Mac App Store.
This package includes the iOS Simulator.
- Be sure to read the Xcode notes to determine which versions of OS X and iOS are supported
- If you are running an older version of Xcode, you may need to download the latest version of the iOS Simulator in order to run the mag+ iOS Reviewer app (see the Troubleshooting section for more information)
- Be sure to launch Xcode once before trying to launch the mag+ Reviewer for iOS Simulator
2. Download the version of the mag+ Reviewer that matches your version of mag+ and double-click it to unzip the application.
- See the sections in this article labeled "Latest Version" and "Previous Versions" for links to the different versions of the mag+ Reviewer for iOS Simulator.
- We highly recommend keeping Xcode updated and using the latest version of the mag+ Designd Reviewer for the iOS Simulator.
3. Double-click on the mag+ Reviewer Launcher app and choose the device and iOS version and click on "Launch".
This will install the Reviewer app and start the iOS Simulator.
Problem: An error message appears when trying to start my application that states a Simulator application is already running.
Answer: You may need to reset the Simulator.
- Go to your iOS Simulator and click iOS Simulator->Reset Content and Settings (this removes all previously installed applications and saved settings).
- Launch the Reviewer Simulator app you previously downloaded to re-install the Reviewer.
Problem: You are unable to find your app in the iOS Simulator.
Answer: You may be viewing the wrong version of the iOS Simulator.
- Go to your iOS Simulator and select Hardware > Version and Settings (this removes all previously installed applications and saved settings).
- Select the version of the iOS Simulator you want to run.
Problem: You are running an older version of the iOS Simulator and need a newer version.
Answer: Download a newer version of the iOS Simulator within Xcode.
- Go to Xcode > Preferences.
- Click on the Downloads icon.
- Click on the down arrow next to the newer Simulator.
You will be prompted to install the newer iOS Simulator.