On this page you'll find the Mag+ Reviewer specifically built for the iOS Simulator. For the latest version of the Mag+ Reviewer that works on actual iOS devices, download the Mag+ iOS Reviewer from the iTunes App Store.
We only recommend using the Mag+ Reviewer for the iOS Simulator for demoing purposes. The Mag+ Reviewer for the iOS Simulator is only a simulation of an iOS device. Before publishing, always make sure that your Mag+ content is working as it should on an actual iOS device. You can find instructions on how to set-up and work with test devices by referring to the articles in "Reviewing Your Current Design."
Date of release: 05/31/2018 - Download Link
How to Install and Launch the Mag+ Reviewer for iOS Simulator
1. Download and install Xcode from the Mac App Store.
This package includes the iOS Simulator.
- Be sure to read the Xcode notes to determine which versions of OS X and iOS are supported
- If you are running an older version of Xcode, you may need to download the latest version of the iOS Simulator in order to run the Mag+ iOS Reviewer app (see the Troubleshooting section for more information)
- Be sure to launch Xcode once before trying to launch the Mag+ Reviewer for iOS Simulator
2. Download the version of the Mag+ Reviewer that matches your version of Mag+ and double-click it to unzip the application.
- See the sections in this article labeled "Latest Version" and "Previous Versions" for links to the different versions of the Mag+ Reviewer for iOS Simulator.
- We highly recommend keeping Xcode updated and using the latest version of the Mag+ Designd Reviewer for the iOS Simulator but if you need to use an earlier version of the Xcode or the Reviewer please note that due to changes in Xcode 6, changes were required in the Mag+ Reviewer for iOS Simulator. Versions 5.1.7 and earlier of the iOS Simulator Reviewer simply needed to be double-clicked in order to launch in Xcode. Starting with version 5.2.4, the app was renamed Reviewer Launcher and users must select the device and version of iOS when it is launched.
3. Double-click on the Mag+ Reviewer Launcher app and choose the device and iOS version and click on "Launch.".
This will install the Reviewer app and start the iOS Simulator.
Problem: An error message appears when trying to start my application that states a Simulator application is already running.
Answer: You may need to reset the Simulator.
- Go to your iOS Simulator and click iOS Simulator->Reset Content and Settings (this removes all previously installed applications and saved settings).
- Launch the Reviewer Simulator app you previously downloaded to re-install the Reviewer.
Problem: You are unable to find your app in the iOS Simulator.
Answer: You may be viewing the wrong version of the iOS Simulator. If you are using Xcode 4.6, see the special section below.
- Go to your iOS Simulator and select Hardware > Version. and Settings (this removes all previously installed applications and saved settings).
- Select the version of the iOS Simulator you want to run.
Problem: You are running an older version of the iOS Simulator and need a newer version.
Answer: Download a newer version of the iOS Simulator within Xcode.
- Go to Xcode > Preferences.
- Click on the Downloads icon.
- Click on the down arrow next to the newer Simulator.
You will be prompted to install the newer iOS Simulator.