The mag+ App Publishing process can be described in four simple steps:
1. Use the mag+ InDesign plugin to create Verticals.
A Vertical is a slide in your issue that can be scrolled vertically. One InDesign document represent one "vertical". When you work in InDesign you are able to review your design on an iPad, Android or Kindle Fire using the mag+ Reviewer app available for free in the device's app store.
2. Export the Verticals you create in InDesign to the mag+ Production Tool.
The mag+ Production Tool is where you layout the Verticals next to each other to enable horizontal scrolling between them. So, in the end, you will have an issue built up as shown. You can review all your Verticals together using the mag+ Reviewer and you are also able to go back and make changes in the InDesign documents and update them if needed.
3. Create a MIB file.
When you are happy with your issue in the mag+ Production Tool, you will be able to create what we refer to as a MIB file. This file contains all your Verticals bundled together. In short, it is the issue/content that your app displays. You can send this MIB file to your clients or co-workers and they can review the full issue on their devices.
4. Build your app in mag+ Publish and upload your issues (MIB files).
The next step is our web service: Mag+ Publish, which is where you build your app and upload your issues (the MIB files). You decide what kind of app you want to build, iPad or Android/Kindle Fire, and then you get a file that you can submit to the platform's app store. The app you get is just a shell containing the icons and logos of your choice. The MIB file you created previously is uploaded to our server (or yours if you wish). mag+ supports a variety of app types, regardless of platform. You can build:
- App Store/Marketplace/Google Play apps (free or for sale)
- Enterprise apps (for internal distribution of sales collateral, training material, etc)
- Apps with embedded content
- Apps that deliver content based on subscriptions (either through a marketplace or your own subscription system)
- Apps that include free content with the option to purchase additional content
You can easily mix and match app and content delivery types to fit your needs.
While the mag+ tools and Reviewer apps are free, you will need to sign up for a price plan in order to gain access to the mag+ Publish portal. Visit out price plans page for more information.
For more information on the Mag+ platform itself, https://www.magplus.com