Apple will be shutting down iTunes Connect starting Friday Dec 21 to Friday Dec 28 2012.
This will not affect the possibility to build iOS Enterprise apps (internal distribution) nor to build Android apps.
This will however affect iOS apps for public distribution.
Below you will find a list of the tasks you won't be able to do in Mag+ Publish under that period:
- build a new iOS app for public distribution since it requires an Application Apple ID that is created in iTunes Connect.
- create paid issues, since that requires an in-app purchase product identifier.
- create subscriptions (requires an product identifier from iTunes Connect)
- change a free issue to be a paying issue
- change the price of your issues or subscription
Also note that Apple strongly recommends to not schedule price changes during that period ( see below for the entire notification from Apple).
This shutdown will also, in most likelihood, prolong the Apple review process.
If you have any questions on how this affects your apps, you can either contact your sales contact or post a question in our Q&A forum.
Note from Apple
iTunes Connect will be temporarily shut down from Friday, December 21, 2012 to Friday, December 28, 2012. During this shutdown, the following functionality will be unavailable:
- Access to iTunes Connect and iTunes Connect Mobile
- Delivery of any apps or updates
Additionally, the following will be delayed:
- Releases scheduled to appear on the App Store for the first time
- Pricing changes scheduled through the interval pricing system in iTunes Connect
- Processing of any Newsstand Atom feeds
We strongly recommend that you do not schedule any pricing changes in iTunes Connect that would take effect between Friday, December 21, 2012 and Friday, December 28, 2012. Pricing changes scheduled to take effect during this date range will not be reflected on the App Store and your app or In-App Purchase will become unavailable for purchase until after the shutdown.
We also recommend that you do not schedule any apps to go live during the shutdown. Releases scheduled with a start date between Friday, December 21, 2012 and Friday, December 28, 2012 will not go live on the App Store until after the shutdown.
The App Store team