Localytics is a mag+'s preferred analytics vendor. In addition to being focused squarely on apps, it has the most robust implementation with Mag+, the most intuitive dashboards and, in addition to analytics, it offers a suite of marketing services including segmented in-app and push messaging and install tracking.
Best of all, Localytics is free up to 10,000 users; you can see the rest of the pricing here.
Note: As of mag+ v4.1, Localytics will not report events captured while the app is in the background.
How to Set-Up Localytics
1. Go to and sign up for one of its plans.
Once you've completed sign up, you will set up your app by entering its name and category. Afterwards, Localytics will supply you a key, which you can find by clicking the Settings icon Tab, the Applications.
2. In Localytics, find and copy your app Key by going to Settings > Apps.
3. In the Mag+ Publish portal, go to Apps > Analytics Configuration.
Note: Analytics Configuration is available under the iOS and Android tabs.
5. After choosing Localytics:
5.1 If you want to send simple push notifications, then paste your app key under the field Analytics Key and click on the Save button. This will enable simple push notifications and tracking for your app.
Note: To find the Analytics Key, please refer to step 2.
5.2 If you want to enable Rich Push Notification in addition to tracking, then put a checkmark on ‘Enable rich push notification’ and fill the following four mandatory fields:
Label 1: Paste your app analytics key.
Label 2: Paste your Bundle Identifier.
Label 3: Upload the Push Ad Hoc provision file.
Label 4: Upload the Push App Store provision file.
After filling all the above fields, click on the Save button to save your settings.
Note: To find the above mentioned labels, please refer to the steps 9
6. (iOS Only) Go to Build Options > Third Party Integrations and click the box next to "Localytics".
7. (iOS Only) Click on "Save" to save your settings.
Note: You must rebuild your app and submit it to your app marketplace in order to begin receiving data.
9. Steps to find your Bundle ID, App Store provision file, and Ad Hoc provision file
1. Login using your credentials to https://developer.apple.com/
2. Find and copy your Bundle ID created for Localytics by going to Certificates, IDs and Profiles > Identifiers > App IDs.
Bundle ID for Localytics is created in the same way as it was created for the app.
For instructions on how to create your Bundle ID, please follow iOS - Creating App IDs
This newly created Bundle ID for Localytics is to be pasted while setting Analytics in mag+ publish portal.
Note: If your bundle ID for App is com.magplus.generictester, then you can create a bundle ID for localytics as com.magplus.generictester.notification. This is a suggestion by Apple.
3. Find and download your App Store provision file and Ad Hoc provision file created for Localytics by going to Certificates, IDs and profiles > Provisioning Profiles > All.
App Store provision file and Ad Hoc provision file for Localytics are created in the same way as they were created for your app.
For more information please read iOS - Creating an App Store Distribution Provisioning Profile and iOS - Creating an Ad Hoc Distribution Provisioning Profile
These newly created App Store provision file and Ad Hoc provision file for Localytics are to be downloaded and uploaded while setting Analytics in mag+ publish portal.
You can download your App Store provision file by clicking on it and then clicking the download button as shown below. Similarly, you can download the Ad Hoc provision file.
Note: Certificate should be same for App Provisioning profiles and Localytics provisioning Profiles.
For more information on how to read the data in Localytics, please refer Data Available in Localytics