This article refers to Non-Newsstand apps. If you wish to create Newsstand apps with free content, please read the article "iOS - Before Building: Newsstand Apps with Free Content."
How to Configure Your App for Free Content
1. Check the following options under Apps > iOS > Build Options.
Important Build Options
- Single Issue App: Only check if your app is a non-Newsstand app that does not offer any in-app purchases. Single Issue apps will only offer a single piece of content. They can never be upgraded to serve additional content in the future. Checking this box changes all Issues you have uploaded to be set to "free," so be careful when selecting this option.
- Enable Push Notifications: Only check "Enable Push Notifications" if you have properly configured Push Notifications for your app.
- Enable Newsstand Functionality: Leave this box unchecked. For more information on Newsstand apps with free content, read the article "iOS - Before Building: Newsstand Apps with Free Content."
2. You are now ready to build your app.
Refer to the article "iOS - Building an App Step-by-Step" for instructions on how to build your iOS app.