This article refers to Non-Newsstand apps. If you wish to create Newsstand apps with paid content, please read the article "iOS - Before Building: Newsstand Apps with Paid Content."
How to Configure Your App for Paid Content
1. (optional) If you wish to offer subscriptions for your content, configure the appropriate subscription settings.
You will need the following:
- An in-app purchase for subscriptions defined in iTunes Connect
Note: For more information on creating in-app purchases for subscriptions, read the article "iOS - Create In-app Purchases for Subscriptions."
- A Subscription created in the Mag+ Publish portal and associated with the in-app purchase
Note: For more information on creating and managing Mag+ Subscriptions, read the article "Adding and Managing Subscriptions."
2. Create in-app purchases in iTunes Connect for your Mag+ Issues.
Note: For more information, read the article "iOS - Create In-app Purchases for Issues."
3. Go to the Mag+ Publish portal > Issues and edit the Issue to associate with an in-app purchase.
Note: For more information on creating and uploading Mag+ Issues, refer to the article "Managing Issues."
6. (optional) If you have created Subscriptions for your content, also choose which Apple subscriptions the Mag+ Issue belongs to.
Note: The Apple - Yearly Subscription and Apple - Monthly Subscription options shown in the image are only examples. The Subscriptions you created earlier will appear in their place.
7. Make sure the following options are configured under Mag+ Publish portal > iOS > Build Options.
- Choose whether your app is Universal or runs only on iPads or iPhones
- Check "Enable Push Notifications" only if you have properly configured Push Notifications for your app
Note: For more information on setting up Push Notifications, read the article "Sending Out Push Notifications to Your Readers."
- Make sure "Enable Magazines & Newspapers functionality" is not checked
- Configure the other options as needed
8. You are now ready to build your app.
Refer to the article "iOS - Building an App Step-by-Step" for instructions on how to build your iOS app. Note that some information may be duplicated, but the settings above should be configured for iOS apps with paid content.