How to Configure Your App for Paid Content
1. (optional) If you wish to offer subscriptions for your content, configure the appropriate subscription settings.
You will need the following:
- An in-app purchase for subscriptions defined in iTunes Connect
Note: For more information on creating in-app purchases for subscriptions, read the article "iOS - Create In-app Purchases for Subscriptions."
- A Subscription created in the Mag+ Publish portal and associated with the in-app purchase
Note: For more information on creating and managing Mag+ Subscriptions, read the article "Adding and Managing Subscriptions."
2. Create in-app purchases in iTunes Connect for your Mag+ Issues.
Note: For more information, read the article "iOS - Create In-app Purchases for Issues."
3. Go to the Mag+ Publish portal > Issues and edit the Issue to associate with an in-app purchase.
Note: For more information on creating and uploading Mag+ Issues, refer to the article "Managing Issues."
4. Under Payment, select "Paid Issue".
5. Under In-app Product Identifiers, enter the iTunes In-app Product ID.
6. (optional) If you have created Subscriptions for your content, also choose which Apple subscriptions the Mag+ Issue belongs to.
Note: The Apple - Yearly Subscription and Apple - Monthly Subscription options shown in the image are only examples. The Subscriptions you created earlier will appear in their place.
7. Make sure the following options are configured under Mag+ Publish portal > iOS > Build Options.
- Choose whether your app is Universal or runs only on iPads or iPhones
- Check "Enable Push Notifications" only if you have properly configured Push Notifications for your app
Note: For more information on setting up Push Notifications, read the article "Sending Out Push Notifications to Your Readers."
- Make sure "Enable Magazines & Newspapers functionality" is not checked
- Configure the other options as needed
8. You are now ready to build your app.
Refer to the article "iOS - Building an App Step-by-Step" for instructions on how to build your iOS app. Note that some information may be duplicated, but the settings above should be configured for iOS apps with paid content.