Mag+ test devices are different than test devices you set-up in the iOS Dev Center. To see published and unpublished issues in your app without purchasing them, you define Mag+ iOS and Android/Kindle Fire test devices. This is useful for production staff who need to review content within the app before it goes live. Test devices set in the iOS Dev Center or Google Play Developer Console allow you to install your app on select devices before you upload it to the appropriate marketplace.
- The Mag+ Publish Test Device feature relies on the app's Mag+ Token or Device ID. This is not the same as your device's UDID. The steps below will allow you to find your Mag+ Token or Device ID.
- The Mag+ Token is unique for every build of your app. This means that if you rebuild your app and install it on your device, you will need to update the Mag+ Token field in the Mag+ Publish portal.
- When using the Mag+ Subscription API to provide integration with your own subscription system, there is an option to set the API to "Test devices only." When the Subscription API is configured like this, devices listed here will no longer be entitled to all Issues, so that you can properly test entitlements from the API. The testing capability described below only applies when the API is set to "Inactive" or "All devices."
Finding the Mag+ Token on an iOS test device
1. Install the Ad Hoc, Enterprise, or iTunes Store version of your app to your iOS Test Device.
Note: When you build your app in the Mag+ Publish portal, the link you use to download will contain ad hoc, enterprise, and iTunes versions of your app.
3. Scroll down to find your app name listed in the left column.
Note: While "Mag+ Reviewer" is shown in this example, your app name will be listed instead.
Finding the Device ID on an Android Test Device
1. Install your app on your Android Test Device and launch it.
Note: When you build your app in the Mag+ Publish portal, the link you use to download will contain an apk file you can install on your Android device.
Adding the Mag+ Token or Device ID in the Mag+ Publish Portal
3. Enter the Mag+ Token in the "Device Identifier" field.
Note: The Mag+ Token is unique for every build of your app. This means that if you rebuild your app in the Mag+ Publish portal and install it on your device, you will need to update the Mag+ Token field on this screen.
5. Restart the app on your device.
Unpublished Mag+ Issues will now be available to download to your device.